June 23, 2006

Summertime

summertime and the living is easy ... fish are jumpin' and the cotton is high - George Gershwin - Porgy and Bess

I've been at it again. Trying to make this blog an extension of me. The last couple of days in NYC has been helluva hot and humid ... and being the summer baby that I am, I LOVE IT.

Work has slowed down some and I have been thinking about the purpose of my blog lately. I toyed with the idea of doing away with it because I haven't been devoting much time to my knitting and sewing as I would like to. However, just when I started to press the delete button, my heart started to palpitate. I just couldn't do it because as much as I hate to admit it, other than me being a closet writer (and incessant dreamer), I have grown quite fond of my blogging friends. So, now that I am here to stay, I made another choice to share not only my knitting and sewing endeavors (when they do happen) but some of my other creative endeavors as well.

On the knitting front, I came across a real bargain. I have been looking for some baby patterns for my cousins. One is expecting in August and another in December / January (see previous post). I have had my eye on Knitting for Two by Erika Knight for awhile. While cruising the internet, I found a seller on Amazon that was selling a copy for $1.00 ! The shipping cost more than the book. The description said the book is new. The seller is trying to liquidate its stock. I can't wait for it to come in. Of course my skepticism started to kick in after the initial high wore off. But for a dollar, I just couldn't pass it up. Woo Hoo!

Oh, and before I forget, I want to give everyone a big hug and kiss (**smooches**) for supporting the Knit On! products. Look for more items in the future.
Have a great weekend everyone & stay cool!

No comments: