June 30, 2006

Babies, Babies Everywhere

My friend, Maris, did not make it back to Toronto in time. Little Sydney wanted to make a New York debut and two weeks early at that. Maris was in New York City visiting family and friends before heading back to Canada. I have to commend her. This is her fourth (1-2-3-4!) girl! Simone, Sinclaire and Sierra will be ecstatic to see the gift their Mom and Dad are bringing them. As much as I wanted to knit her a gift, time was not on my side. So, I put on my design hat and created the announcements for her. I will also mail them for her so that it's one less thing she will have to worry about. We also thought it would be a cute idea to create announcement cards for the girls to give their friends introducing their new baby sister. I think that is a perfect way to get them involved since they were not here for the actual birth. Maris is a fanatic about crafting as well, so I know once she is settled the girls will be in matching outfits in no time.

I have also been setting up shop getting ready to knit a ton of baby gifts.

The Sweet Pea Pattern and the Bobbi Bear pattern arrived from Jimmy Beans Wool last week and I ordered the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino from Yarnbow in color 02. However, I think I need to order one or two more skeins. The skeins that I have now I will use for the garment. If you haven't done so, check out Yarnbow on eBay. She has great prices and SUPER fast shipping. I LOVE it.

Knitting for Two by Erika Knight, the book I found on Amazon from ultimate Discount Book Source for $1 arrived yesterday. I lucked up on this one cause it is in perfect condition. No bent pages and no wear and tear. Woo Hoo!

Lastly, the lavender yarn I picked up on a trip to Smiley's is Filati Cervinia Genova. It was on sale for $1.50 (can't pass up a bargain). I was thinking about knitting the baby hat in the book One Skein, for a gift. However, the yarn is acrylic and not as soft as I would like it to be. Although I love the color, I think a nice cotton would be a better or ... I can always order some more cashmerino. =-)

1 comment:

Virtuous said...

That announcement is so cute!

I noticed it on your finished project but glad I got to see a closer look!