May 25, 2007

My New Toy

I bought a new toy today ... the Nikon D40. I had my eye on this baby for awhile, but held out. I gave in when in the middle of a product shoot my Sony Cybershot died on me. I was so tired of the images coming out dark and blurry ... and forget the batteries (not to mention looking unprofessional... uugghh!). Either it was eating them up an hour at a time or the rechargeable ones did not stay charged for long. So, with "Niko" in my hands, I decided to do a couple of test shots

Sheba was about as thrilled as I was. She is such a ham!

Some crochet thread ...

and, some Lornas Laces Shepherd Sport in Bittersweet.

I am loving the ease of use and the way it captures the true to life colors. I'll let you know more once I get more familiar with. I have to before I go here in about two weeks. Woo Hoo! Oh, and if you want a good reference on cameras, DSLR's or Point and Shoot, check this site out.

Have a good weekend !

3 comments:

WandaWoman said...

Cancun! Sounds like a nice trip.

Christie said...

OOoOOOOoOoO...nice camera! And Cancun?!?! Lucky you!

Shameka said...

Hi, it's Shameka. It was so much fun meeting you, and having our knitting dinner. I just wanted to leave you a note, so that you can find me in blogland. Have a wonderful day!!!