May 04, 2006

Spring + Football = A Whole Lot of Knittin'

Yep, it's that time of year again for Mali. Football season has started which means 4 hours of uninterrupted knitting for me (woo hoo) while Mali goes through his tackling drills push ups and sprints. Last year, some other mothers and I formed a little knit / crochet circle. We would sit and knit / crochet while the boys practiced. It was really great sitting on the grass knitting and gossipping. I looked forward to Saturday and Sunday mornings filled with laughter, Arepas (from some of the soccer moms), Jerk Chicken and yarn.
To kick off the season I decided to knit something for myself, which I rarely do. I wanted a lacy sweater to wear over tanks and summer dresses so I opted for Spring Fling from Knitty's '05 Spring edition. I had my eye on it for awhile but always put it off. I have 5 skeins of KnitPicks Shine Worsted in my stash that is perfect. However, I think I will need to order some more since I have already used two skeins to complete the back bottom ribbing. I made it two inches longer, since I am tall and don't want to look like I am wearing my little sister's sweater. I will have pictures soon. Until then, GO SKYHAWKS!

No comments: