April 06, 2006

Passing in Brooklyn . . .

Time: 2PM'ish
Place: LYS - Roxy Yarns
Scene: Cozy yarn store in Brooklyn advertising 30% off all yarns. Customer 1, a
fantabulously stylish woman (okay, I had on my sweats and looked like I had
been playing tag with a bunch of five year olds)
perused through the bins and
Customer 2 walks in and looks around.

Owner: Hello. How are you?
Customer 2: Good, good ... and you?
Owner: Good. Just a reminder, all yarns are 30% off.
Customer 2: Really? That's good to know. I am looking for something to make for a little girl. This poncho is soooooo adorable. Did you make the samples?
Owner: No, I rarely make anything for girls since I have three little boys.
Customer 2: So, who makes your samples?
Owner: They come from the manufacturer to show how the yarn knits up.
Customer 2: Nooooooo
Customer 1: Really . . .
Owner: Yea
Customer 2: Are you serious?
Owner: Yea, why?
Customer 2: I just came from another LYS (she refused to mention the name) and I saw this same sample hanging from the shelf. I asked the woman about it and she told me she knit it herself.
Owner: She could have
Customer 2: At first I believed her but now looking around I see you have the same samples as she has. There's no way she could have knit the same exact samples.
Owner: I doubt it too. Not the same exact samples.
Customer 2: I'm not going there again. Now I know why she said she couldn't remember the pattern.
Customer 1: Wow (head shaking).
Customer 2: Can you believe that.
Customer 1 and Owner: Yea.

No comments: