February 16, 2006

Feeling Froggy

The snowfall on Saturday and Sunday left me with a serious case of cabin fever. So, I started to get a jump on some spring cleaning. There in the bottom of the closet ( how did it get there?) was a sweater I had bought a couple of years ago. I hardly wore it because it never fit properly. The sleeves were too long and the body was too short. It is really not a true cardigan with one huge button closure. However, it has a very soft hand. My curiosity got the best of me and I started picking at the arm seam. I was a bit surprised to see that the garment was actually knit with 2 strands together. A little more ripping and 2 balls of yarn later, the sleeve was gone. My husband thought I was absolutely nuts but I hit Knitting Nirvana. The yarn is actually quite nice. It is 60% cotton/ 40% polyester. The colors are fading somewhat because of the cotton content but dying it would be the perfect solution (and project). I've been toying with the idea of making a tank top for the summer out of the beige yarn. We'll see. Right now I am having fun being destructive. LOL!

No comments: