February 27, 2006

Almost There (well sort of) . . . but no pictures.


I've been a busy bee lately, buzzing around waiting for the cold weather to give way to Spring blossoms. Can you tell, I am not a winter person. Give me ninety degree weather and I am a
happy girl!

On the knitting front, I finished the braided fringe edge for my Aunt's shawl and started on the panel. I decided to do it in stockinette stitch with a modified rib edge. It is coming out really nice. I think I may have to pick up the edge stiches though and add on two garter stitch rows to tame the curling. I also started the Thuja sock for my mother. Since her knee surgery, her circulation has been off and her feet are always cold. I had some some Artyarns Supermerino, in colorway #130 which is creamy pinks and browns, in my stash. When I rolled it into a ball I couldn't fight off the craving for some Neopolitan Icecream (lol)! I am really loving it... especially because it is so lofty.

Last week I had somewhat of a revelation. Because the holidays may find me out of the country, I decided that it would be good to start on some of my knitted gifts. I headed over to Smiley's Yarns and bought some Bernat yarn in a not so hot pink color for my sister. I plan to make her the Irish Hiking Scarf and Irish Hiking Hat (thanks Nik!). One down, many to go.

I have gotten a lot of requests for the knit graphic on my page, so with a little down time, I started to do some different colorways. You like? When I get another free moment, I will add the graphic to my Cafepress store, which is in need of a complete overhaul. I am almost there!

Oh, sorry about my pictures. Little Ms. Fast Hands (that's me) misplaced the rechargeable batteries. I have been using regular AA's but they only last half a flash. They are around here somewhere . . .
I promise pictures next time. Until then . .

No comments: