January 11, 2007

Ebony Purls Knitting Circle Project

Do you remember me telling you about me being busy with a lot of mini projects? Well here is one of those projects. Nicole from Ebony Purls Knitting Circle in Los Angeles contacted me and asked me to do a logo for her. I was all too happy.
The first one I did was based on a a knitted swatch with "ebony purls" knitted within. The second logo was based on a sketch of one of the members. It is a play off the string of pearls concept. They were so pleased that they actually purchased both of them ... and I am doing cartwheels. Which one do you like?

You can check out the Ebony Purls Knitting Circle at their myspace page at: http://www.myspace.com/EbonyPurls

4 comments:

Shorty said...

I like them both, bu the string of purls is my favorite. I wish I could design like that.

Shorty

Saun said...

You do great work. I like both of them but lean more towards the second because it ties in the "purls" concept more.

Anonymous said...

I like them both but my favorite is the one with the string of pearls. That was very creative. I'm adding you to my list on my blog. I might need someone to design a logo for me one day and you do beautiful work!

MrsPurls said...

The Logos are incredible!! I love anything pearls....Hinse my webname. I love the one with the string of pearls. It really represents the name of the knitting circle without the words. Enjoyed reading your blog, I will add you to my blogroll.