January 03, 2006

An Irie Kitchen


I stopped crying long enough to do a happy dance because Kathy received the trio of dishcloths I made for her kitchen. I have to admit, they came out really nice. The red one was really simple. CO 46 stitches, Knit rows 1 & 2. Rows 3&4, K2, *K1,P1*across to last 2 stitches then K2. The yellow is a feather and fan pattern found at the Dishcloth Boutique. The green was knit from a Checkerboard pattern I remembered. Cast on 46 stitches, Knit 3 rows, Pattern - Row 4: K2,*K6,P6* to last 2 stitches, K2, Row 5: K2,*P6,K6* to last 2 stitches, K2, Repeat Rows 4 and 5 five more times then reverse.
Row 11: K2,*P6,K6* to last 2 stitches, K2. Row 12:K2,*K6,P6* to last 2 stitches, K2. Reapeat Pattern. The checkerboard pattern is her favorite and she asked me to make a dishtowel for her. Because the dishtowel is longer, I may increase the pattern a couple of rows. Stay tuned . . .

No comments: